Foreigners travel to Vietnam need a valid Vietnam visa to enter the country. Vietnam Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam.
A visa is compulsory to enter Vietnam except for citizens of:
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand if the length of the stay is not exceeding 30 days.
- The Philippines if the length of the stay is not exceeding 21 days.
- Korea, Japan, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Russia if the length of the stay is not exceeding 15 days.
- Brunei and Myanmar if the length of the stay is not exceeding 14 days.
To obtain a visa, you must first ensure your passport will be valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
There are 3 options at the moment to obtain a visa for Vietnam:
1. Visas can be acquired directly at Vietnamese Embassies and Consulates abroad.
2. You can apply for visa a through a sponsoring travel agency.
In that case, just provide us with the following details: Full name, date and place of birth, citizenship, occupation, passport number, date and place of issue, expiration date, date and port of entry into Vietnam.
We will forward these particulars to Vietnam immigration, which will in turn issue and send by telex an approval letter to the relevant embassy by telex.
In our turn, we will send you one copy of the approval letter. Just bring it or send it to the embassy together with your passport, 2 passport photos and two fully filled out application forms to get the visas stamped.
3. You can apply for a visa upon arrival through a sponsoring travel agency.
In that case, provide us with the same information as mentioned above and we will send you an approval letter issued from immigration.
This approval letter will be required at the time of boarding.
Visa stamping fees can be either pre-paid to our agency or paid at immigration on arrival.
Note that in all cases visas cannot be delivered upon arrival without a visa authorization from immigration.
In addition, passport holders from these 5 European countries do not need a Vietnam visa for stays within 15 days from July 5, 2016 till July 30, 2017: UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
IN THIS SECTION